Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

BIND / Named not restarting when creating new accounts

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by sharmaine001, Jan 8, 2009.

1. sharmaine001

sharmaine001 Well-Known Member

hello

I think i have a serious problem with DNS which I do not know how to resolve

everyday, I had to restart named /etc/init.d/named restart so that the nameservers / DNS will be fixed or else it always returns "One or more of your nameservers did not return any of your NS records." when i checked from http://intodns.com/

Can someone here please tell me what's the problem? why i always have to restart named?

another thing i observed, when i create new accounts, that new account's DNS is not working properly although when i checked the dns zone, everything is set up there. Again, I need to manually restart named in order for this to work

Im really getting headaches and i cant still figure out what the problem is :(

2. sharmaine001

sharmaine001 Well-Known Member

never mind i already fixed this as i cant find any help from here :( unfortunately.

Did this and it worked

mv /etc/named.conf /etc/named.conf.OLD
    /scripts/rebuildnamedconf
    /etc/init.d/named restart

3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the resolution you got. It will help others to resolve same kind of issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...