The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BIND / Named not restarting when creating new accounts

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by sharmaine001, Jan 8, 2009.

1. sharmaine001

sharmaine001 Well-Known Member

hello

I think i have a serious problem with DNS which I do not know how to resolve

everyday, I had to restart named /etc/init.d/named restart so that the nameservers / DNS will be fixed or else it always returns "One or more of your nameservers did not return any of your NS records." when i checked from http://intodns.com/

Can someone here please tell me what's the problem? why i always have to restart named?

another thing i observed, when i create new accounts, that new account's DNS is not working properly although when i checked the dns zone, everything is set up there. Again, I need to manually restart named in order for this to work

Im really getting headaches and i cant still figure out what the problem is :(

2. sharmaine001

sharmaine001 Well-Known Member

never mind i already fixed this as i cant find any help from here :( unfortunately.

Did this and it worked

mv /etc/named.conf /etc/named.conf.OLD
    /scripts/rebuildnamedconf
    /etc/init.d/named restart

3. thewebhosting

thewebhosting Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the resolution you got. It will help others to resolve same kind of issues.