bind nonfunctional following cpanel update

vxr

Registered
Nov 11, 2005
3
0
151
These problems began following a cpanel update.


First, rndc was nonfunctional, so I ran /scripts/fixrndc

Following that, rndc functioned properly, but bind was completely nonfunctional, in the sense that it will run, but not properly answer queries.

DNSStuff for the affected domain:
http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/dnstime.ch?name=i4.cashmoneyuploads.com&type=A


The odd thing is that named can start properly, and shows itself as running. Furthermore, running an rndc status shows named as functioning properly, yet it will not answer queries.

dig reports NXDOMAIN for any queries made to the server (localhost)


I've tried just about everything, including a reinstall of bind, and I'm at wits end. I don't have any bind problems on any of my other boxes, just the one which happens to be running cpanel. I'm this [] close to formatting the box, and not reinstalling cpanel. Updates should not be breaking existing functionality.
 

patryk

Active Member
May 3, 2005
34
0
156
Hello,
fixed in my 3 servers. It it problem with named.conf. You must replace old config in /etc/named.conf (from backup for example) beacuse the new (written by centos 3.6 update) is totally clean, without any zones.
Please tell me if it helps
 

vxr

Registered
Nov 11, 2005
3
0
151
patryk said:
Hello,
fixed in my 3 servers. It it problem with named.conf. You must replace old config in /etc/named.conf (from backup for example) beacuse the new (written by centos 3.6 update) is totally clean, without any zones.
Please tell me if it helps
nope



Lets see if removing bind and building from source helps