Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Bind Problems GAW!

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by rvrsl, Aug 1, 2006.

1. rvrsl

rvrsl Registered

Just as the title says, I'm having probelms with BIND. As far as I can see, it's fine in WHM. It's running, the service has not crashed, but just randomly all domains stop resolving. I check instantly and the server is online by IP but again, nothing resolves. It happens all the time and it only lasts for a few minutes. I'll check my emails and the hosts can't be found, then i'll check again a few minutes later and everything is alright, all the domains resolve again. I can't check the /var/log/messages because its 0 bytes and empty, I don't understand that either.

Any ideas what could be causing this?

BTW, running cPanel 10.8.2-R119 on a CentOS 4.3 box.

2. celliott

celliott Well-Known Member

How long has this been happening? It could be that you have a misconfigured DNS setup rather than BIND being the cause of the problem. Can you confirm with your DC/Server provider that the resolv is correctly setup?

3. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

In addition to what celliott said, run these commands at the prompt:
    /scripts/fixnamed
    /scripts/fixndc
    /scripts/restartsrv named

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Your message log is the key. To get it logging again, restart the syslog daemon:

service syslog restart

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. markpap

markpap Member

I have the same problems with BIND. I must restart bind every 2 - 3 days! It's impossible for me to do that because I'm not always online! So, my domains are not working propertly!
    Any solution? Thanks...