The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bind tried to restart

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by hst, Jun 12, 2002.

1. hst

hst Well-Known Member

For some reason my bind stopped working. The below is the error I am getting. This is a slave server. The bind tried to restart repeatedly but fails. When SSH in and try to do a named restart if fails. Sites are up and running however.

stdin: is not a tty rndc: connect failed: connection refused

2. rava

rava Member

i am getting the same error every 15 mins or so and have been all day long.

this is also on a slave server.

3. bdraco

bdraco Guest

http://forums.cpanel.net/read.php?TID=3349

4. hst

hst Well-Known Member

Not it on mine

Thanks BDRaco, However these files are on mine. I had already read that post and I am not getting the same errors. I skipped the 51 build and now am at 52. I just upgraded to 52 hopping it would correct the problem. It started before version 51 for me. Just stopped working all of a sudden and I hadn't done anything. Seems kind of strange but I'm thinking they may have done some type of security or other automatic update instead of the WHM which is manual on my systems. My Master server is working great so no issue on it at all. Just the slave that has the problem. Also sites are working. When I check /var/log/messages I get see it won't restart because of an error in the named.conf but it hasn't changed and the error it reports if properly set. named.conf will not restart SSH either.

5. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

what is the exact error at the command line (in the shell)
    when you

/etc/rc.d/init.d/named restart
    and
    /etc/rc.d/init.d/sshd restart
    (assuming you are doing this at the console or having some NOC lackey do it for you)

6. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:a62ffe5d5e][i:a62ffe5d5e]Originally posted by hst[/i:a62ffe5d5e]

Thanks BDRaco, However these files are on mine. I had already read that post and I am not getting the same errors. I skipped the 51 build and now am at 52. I just upgraded to 52 hopping it would correct the problem. It started before version 51 for me. Just stopped working all of a sudden and I hadn't done anything. Seems kind of strange but I'm thinking they may have done some type of security or other automatic update instead of the WHM which is manual on my systems. My Master server is working great so no issue on it at all. Just the slave that has the problem. Also sites are working. When I check /var/log/messages I get see it won't restart because of an error in the named.conf but it hasn't changed and the error it reports if properly set. named.conf will not restart SSH either.[/quote:a62ffe5d5e]

Might be something else entirely.. as always you are welcome to submit a support request on support.cpanel.net and have us fix it for you.

7. hst

hst Well-Known Member

SSHD/ Named Restart

sshd restart works fine.
    named restart &failed& to stop and start

Thanks!

8. hst

hst Well-Known Member

Got it fixed

Turned out to be that when I updated CP that the named.conf changed and loaded a allow-updates line with &none&

Fixed those entries and bind came right back up.

Thanks for the replys.