The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bind update

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by c0i0t3, Mar 25, 2006.

1. c0i0t3

c0i0t3 Well-Known Member

Please I use the version

Red Hat Enterprise Linux ES release 3 (Taroon Update 7)

+

Bind (9.2.4)

I need to bring up to date for version 9.3.2? Which the version recommended for me? Tranks

2. ChadE

ChadE Active Member

I have CentOS 4.2 myself, and I've been interested in updating to 9.3 as well, but I'm afraid of breaking BIND and cPanel not being able to manage it :eek:

3. haze

haze Well-Known Member

For what reason do you need to upgrade your version of bind ? If you are interested in using the latest source versions of such applications, would it not be a better idea to use a flavour of Linux that is tailored to suit that need ? The whole purpose of the Enterprise OS which you are using is stability and security. Once you start installing and upgrading programs from who knows where you start breaking compatibility and chance introducing vulnerabilities which may have been tended to by your vendor. I would also imagine that you would void any possible chance of gaining support from your vendor, server provider and cPanel itself.

You've obviously got to have a serious need for this version of bind to be interested in installing this yourself, I'm interested in knowing what that is exactly ?

4. dropby23

dropby23 Well-Known Member