Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Binding issue

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by homerj, Sep 24, 2006.

1. homerj

homerj Registered

Sorry for the newbie question, but I really thought I understood the setup of Cpanel.

I have both IP's setup on my godaddy account (connected to the NS1 & NS2 nameservers) but when I go into Main >> Restart Services >> DNS Server (BIND) I get the following message/error: named has failed, please contact the sysadmin (result was "named is not running").

When I SSH in and use the command /usr/sbin/apachectl configtest I don't get anything. When I /usr/sbin/apachectl fullstatus
    I get a message saying the requested URL / Server-status was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    ??
    Please help. I thought I had done everything correctly, went ahead and changed the nameserver IP's, and now all of my sites are down :(

not sure if it matters, but I'm with ServerBeach using CentOS/Linux

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...