Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

:blackhole: and :fail: problems?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoganJatol, Feb 27, 2004.

1. LoganJatol

LoganJatol Guest

I got a wierd one.
    Whenever :blackhole: or :fail: is set under the "Default Address" sections ALL e-mail for ALL accounts gets ether blackholes or failed. I can send it to a acount that is just "forwarded" to a main one and it dies or I can send it to a main one and it just dies.
    cPanel Build: 8.8.0-EDGE, Build 72

Anyone got any idea's? This is the 1st time I've seen it happen, since I also have the same setup on another account with same cPanel build and have no problems.

2. bmcpanel

bmcpanel Well-Known Member

What happens if you remove the blackhole. Will the email work again or does it still fail?

3. PbG

PbG Well-Known Member

Yes removing the : fail will allow mail to be delieverd normally. It did for me . . . however local mail will be delivered even if the server is set to reject user unkn mail.

4. vahan

vahan Active Member

Confirming this on FreeBSD 4.9 - R123

Putting to :blackhole: all unrt mail disables main account (domain@domain.com) and emails start to bounce back with no such mailbox....

5. jamesbond

jamesbond Well-Known Member

Did you check /etc/valiases/yourproblemdomain.com, and compared this to a functional valiases file using blackhole/fail?