The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blank email body

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by mmancini, Apr 9, 2005.

1. mmancini

mmancini Active Member

This has been going on for months. My Cpanel with mailscanner on about 1 in 40 emails takes the text out of the body EXCEPT the signature and delivers them so the recipient gets a blank email but gets the signature. This happens on all clients and just about all use Outlook. Is this an Outlook issue or Exim issue? Help!!!!

2. joehark

joehark Member

A client has reported what sounds like the same or similar problem. He says that when using Horde to check his email he sees that there are 5 messages available but when he asks to see them, there are none.

Anyone recognize this issue? Cause and cure?

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Mark,

Whenever I have seen something this, it's been down to a known Outlook bug. This manifests itself when a html only email is sent (Content-type: text/html) and Outlook gets confused and shows a blank page.

One way to check might be to use an SMTP proxy on your PC that stores email in its orignal format (Outlook reformats emails once they've arrived, unbelievably) to see if they are truly blank. I use spamhilator for checking emails for such a purpose:
    http://www.spamihilator.com/

4. mmancini

mmancini Active Member

my host said the same thing, I even did office updates and I have clients using outlook 2000, 2003 and XP that it is happening with. I thought it was just convienence to blame MS butit seems to be my server. I don't hear of it happening to other people unless they just don't realize it?!?!?