The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

blank website after changing dns zone file

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by beachgurl, Dec 1, 2015.

1. beachgurl

beachgurl Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

I'm new here and my hosting provider is not very helpful so I'm hoping any response I get can lead me in the right direction.
    Situation:
    Website resides on an 'old' web server. Hosting company is unable to give CPanel account credentials to log in because they've migrated to a 'new' webserver. CPanel credentials on this new web server are given but the account is empty. There are no joomla files, no database, nothing. The Advanced DNS Zone Editor shows that the A record for www.my_site.com is using the old ip address. I edited this to the new ip address and uploaded joomla. After waiting a couple of days when I try to access the site, nothing appears, its blank. When I access the old website through its ip address using the browser it shows.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

I suggest using a website such as IntoDNS to verify the name servers are properly configured for this domain name and that it resolves to the correct IP address.

Thank you.