Block all outgoing emails and only allow specific addresses?

dabihsss

Mar 30, 2010
How to block all emails sent from PHP scripts and nobody user and set up file which contains allowed from email addresses which I manually specify?

is there any way to do that like exim_blacklist filter

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hi @dabihsss

To clarify you want to do the following:

Block all PHP mail and block nobody from sending mail for all accounts except those you specify?

- Because php mail is allowed through the php.ini for that specific php version you'd need to disallow mail and sendmail in disable_functions:

Code:
disable_functions = "mail,sendmail"
The problem with this would be that it's global and would affect all users unless you added a php.ini file for each user disabling this except for the ones you'd like to allow

-For disallowing the nobody user from sending mail you can go to WHM>>Server Configuration>>Tweak Settings and enable the following setting:

Prevent “nobody” from sending mail
Prevent the user “nobody” from sending out mail to remote addresses

This would be a global modification as well

-The following post discusses how to block specific domains from sending mail all together which might be useful to you as well:

Blocking all cPanel users from emailing specific domains/email accounts

Thank you,

dabihsss

Mar 30, 2010
Hi @dabihsss

To clarify you want to do the following:

Block all PHP mail and block nobody from sending mail for all accounts except those you specify?

- Because php mail is allowed through the php.ini for that specific php version you'd need to disallow mail and sendmail in disable_functions:

Code:
disable_functions = "mail,sendmail"
The problem with this would be that it's global and would affect all users unless you added a php.ini file for each user disabling this except for the ones you'd like to allow

-For disallowing the nobody user from sending mail you can go to WHM>>Server Configuration>>Tweak Settings and enable the following setting:

Prevent “nobody” from sending mail
Prevent the user “nobody” from sending out mail to remote addresses

This would be a global modification as well

-The following post discusses how to block specific domains from sending mail all together which might be useful to you as well:

Blocking all cPanel users from emailing specific domains/email accounts

Thank you,

I am looking for a solution like the following

"Sending emails from PHP/Application is disabled globally and there will be a plugin button in cpanel, through that cpanel users can specify/whitelist single or multiple email address that can send mail from script"

I have seen the above feature with resellerclub's cpanel servers (i am trying to build a plugin like that).

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider