Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Block all outgoing emails and only allow specific addresses?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by dabihsss, Apr 6, 2018.

1. dabihsss

dabihsss Member

How to block all emails sent from PHP scripts and nobody user and set up file which contains allowed from email addresses which I manually specify?

is there any way to do that like exim_blacklist filter

2. 24x7server

24x7server Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

The same kind of discussion can be seen in the below link of the cPanel forum.. Please take a look at it..

Exim Blacklist Domains Issue

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. dabihsss

dabihsss Member

I am looking for a solution to stop outgoing spam from scripts, not the incoming spam.

check for a list of allowed email ids before sending emails, if not in list discard the message.

4. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hi @dabihsss

To clarify you want to do the following:

Block all PHP mail and block nobody from sending mail for all accounts except those you specify?

- Because php mail is allowed through the php.ini for that specific php version you'd need to disallow mail and sendmail in disable_functions:

Code:
    disable_functions = "mail,sendmail" 
    The problem with this would be that it's global and would affect all users unless you added a php.ini file for each user disabling this except for the ones you'd like to allow

-For disallowing the nobody user from sending mail you can go to WHM>>Server Configuration>>Tweak Settings and enable the following setting:

Prevent “nobody” from sending mail
    Prevent the user “nobody” from sending out mail to remote addresses

This would be a global modification as well

-The following post discusses how to block specific domains from sending mail all together which might be useful to you as well:

Blocking all cPanel users from emailing specific domains/email accounts

Thank you,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. dabihsss

dabihsss Member

I am looking for a solution like the following

"Sending emails from PHP/Application is disabled globally and there will be a plugin button in cpanel, through that cpanel users can specify/whitelist single or multiple email address that can send mail from script"

I have seen the above feature with resellerclub's cpanel servers (i am trying to build a plugin like that).

6. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hello,

While the link I provided may still be useful in terms of the how they get blocked. If you're attempting to build a plugin you might want to look at the following:

Guide to cPanel Plugins - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

Guide to cPanel Plugins - Add Plugins to Version 11.44 and Later - Developer Documentation - cPanel Documentation

How to create a Plugin (WHM & cPanel)

For the actual blocking of outbound mail there's also:

Exim Filter To block Outgoing Email

How to Customize the Exim System Filter File - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you,