SOLVED Block Receiving E-Mail Address

Mike_Jumbling

Registered
Jan 29, 2017
France
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Hello All,

I want to block incoming mail to one address only. This address does not have an e-mail account, e-mail sent to it is received by the default account. I do not want to block the default account entirely.

I do not have root access.

cPanel Version 60.0 (build 35)
Theme x3
Apache Version 2.4.18
PHP Version 5.5.36
MySQL Version 5.6.34
Architecture x86_64
Operating System linux
Path to sendmail /usr/sbin/sendmail
Path to Perl /usr/bin/perl
Perl Version 5.10.1
Kernel Version 2.6.32-673.8.1.lve1.4.3.1.el6.x86_64
cPanel Pro 1.0 (RC1)

(I have replaced the name of my domain with domain.com).

The Set Default Address is set to forward to a real e-mail account on the same domain, [email protected]. My e-mail client then downloads from [email protected].

I then, when registering for websites etc., register with adresses such as [email protected]. This stops my personal account being flooded by adverts etc.

One of those adresses is now receiving masses of spam and I want to block it, imcoming messages to be auto-deleted.

I have set up the same rule in Account Level Filtering and also in User Level Filtering (in the [email protected] account).

To = [email protected]; Action = Discard

A test :

---> To: [email protected]
---> From: [email protected]
---> Subject: test
--->
---> This is a test message.

Gives this result :
Code:
    ---> The Filter has matched the following condition(s):
    ---> $header_to: is [email protected]
    ---> Return-path copied from sender
    ---> Sender = [email protected]
    ---> Recipient = [email protected]
    ---> Testing Exim filter file "/home/default/etc/domain.com/unrouted/filter"
    --->
    ---> Save message to: /dev/null 0660
    ---> Filtering set up at least one significant delivery or other action.
    ---> No other deliveries will occur.
However I am still receiving e-mail to [email protected] in my e-mail client.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:

Infopro

May 20, 2003
Pennsylvania
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
This address does not have an e-mail account, e-mail sent to it is received by the default account. I do not want to block the default account entirely.
You should.
[email protected] is received by the default account, sure. But [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and any other word you can think of can be as well.

I then, when registering for websites etc., register with adresses such as [email protected]. This stops my personal account being flooded by adverts etc.
You should create a forwarder for that instead of using the default account this way.

If that forward ([email protected]) is found out by a spammer and you're getting pounded with spam, change the forwarder to a new one and kill the old one getting spammed. After all, its not a valid email anyone uses.

Reactions: Mike_Jumbling

Mike_Jumbling

Registered
Jan 29, 2017
France
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
You should.
[email protected] is received by the default account, sure. But [email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and any other word you can think of can be as well.

You should create a forwarder for that instead of using the default account this way.

If that forward ([email protected]) is found out by a spammer and you're getting pounded with spam, change the forwarder to a new one and kill the old one getting spammed. After all, its not a valid email anyone uses.
That worked, thanks.

Reactions: Infopro