WebHostPro

PartnerNOC
Jul 28, 2002
LA, Costa RIca
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
cphulk has blocked access, I have tried from several IPs, WHM, and none will let me in.

I guess it shut down root, the only way I can get in.

I'm on hour two of this nightmare. I'm so upset I forgot to disable it when setting this server up.

Anyways, how do I get back in, if root is shut down by cphulk?

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I tried this:

csf -f

and

/usr/local/cpanel/etc/init/stopcphulkd
To confirm, do you have shell access to the system? Your original post suggested that shell access was not permitted.

Thank you.

WebHostPro

PartnerNOC
Jul 28, 2002
LA, Costa RIca
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Yes, I'm at the data center now with console access.

Sorry I meant remote shell.

And to be concise, it lets me get to the log in prompt but even with the right password it says the password is wrong.

We have done a kernel root password change to make sure the password is correct.

quizknows

Oct 20, 2009
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Honestly I would flush the DB again and completely disable cPhulk. Use CSF since that will not lock out root. I also encourage you to vote for the feature above to exclude root from cphulk lockout as it is very easy to create a DoS condition otherwise.

WebHostPro

PartnerNOC
Jul 28, 2002
LA, Costa RIca
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Honestly I would flush the DB again and completely disable cPhulk. Use CSF since that will not lock out root. I also encourage you to vote for the feature above to exclude root from cphulk lockout as it is very easy to create a DoS condition otherwise.
Thanks for the help guys! Sorry if I was snippy.