The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocked Temp IP for clients

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrFastlane, Dec 27, 2009.

1. MrFastlane

MrFastlane Registered

I have been with the provider im with for one month to test out teh services they are providing and till yesterday I had a resellers account. Every time I made a new account my clients had been able to see there site via the "Temporary IP: example: 33.63.45.32/~myaccount/

Now that I have tested them for one month I go and pay for one full year of resellers hosting and they move me to a new ip and my accounts but the question I have is:

1. Why would they now disable the use of the Temporary Ip use for my new accounts? I asked and they said that its a cpanel risk and that almost all providers are doing this. I personally see myself losing clients because of this.

So this is what happens if I create a new account and type in the Temporary IP:
    404 Not Found
    The server can not find the requested page:
    64.120.152.101/~wedeos/ (port 80)
    Please forward this error screen to 64.120.152.101's WebMaster.

Any ideas or comments please leave them im lost for words to teh provider.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    It's not a risk so much as it's to do with bandwidth usage, according to the page where you enable/disable this feature.

WHM > Security Center section of left menu > Apache mod_userdir Tweak.

3. MrFastlane

MrFastlane Registered

This is what im getting as an answer when I ask why my new accounts cant use the Temporary IP befor ethe domain resolves:
    Its an insecure feature which we blocked as many hosting block that this is recommendations of firewalls you can google. Thanks

Is this really insecure and if it is shouldnt there be a proper way to secure it? I dont see why we should get a resellers plan and make all the clients change there domains dns to point to us before they can upload tehre sites and see if its properly working.

What if any can I take back and share with the host, because I don't see why they should block it due (Its an insecure feature which we blocked as many hosting block that this is recommendations of firewalls you can google.) the excuss they are giving me.