The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocking an E-mail address? [moved]

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bluefish, Jul 13, 2006.

1. bluefish

bluefish Registered

First off, I'm on cPanel Build 10.8.2-RELEASE 119

Ok so here is my problem...

Me and my partner recently fired another partner for reasons I won't get into.

He's a flake and we want to force him to call us instead of e-mail us...

So, is there a way to set up an auto-responder or a filter to ONLY send a pre-written e-mail/response if the incoming e-mail is from a specific address?

Ideally, I would love for him to e-mail me, the server see's his email addy xyz@abc.com, then forwards his e-mail to me and auto responds to him with a message I have written or even a mailer deamon denied.

Any ideas? Thank you.

2. Lyttek

Lyttek Well-Known Member

MailScanner can help you do that...

It can filter based on incoming email address as you require, which you can then forward to another address (specifically for this purpose) that has the autoresponse you want, which will also forward the message to your normal account.

A bit round-about, but it'll work. Someone else may have an easier method :)

3. bluefish

bluefish Registered

*scratches head*

I don't seem to have MailScanner.

I have:

So, erm...

I did try this:

My addy = a@b.com
    I tested an incoming addy to be filtered = x@y.com

When x@y.com emailed a@b.com, it was sent to b@b.com. b@b.com doesn't have an actual mail box, it just is set to forward to a@b.com. I also have an auto responder set up for b@b.com.

Didn't work =(

e-mails coming from x@y.com go to b@b.com and then i get them from b@b.com to a@b.com. But when I check my mail x@y.com...no e-mail from the auto responder =(