The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocking Domain names and e-mails

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by russking, Aug 31, 2003.

1. russking

russking Registered

Hi,

My background is mainly sendmail.. I have read other threads about blocking domain names and e-mails in Exim but all seem very vague or simply do not work..

I am running a Cpanel server with Exim 4.20. I have read the Exim specification document and must I am even more confused..

All I want to simply do is have a file such as /etc/spam with a list of e-mails (joe@spammer.com) or domains (spammer.com) that will be rejected with a 550.. "Domain not permitted" etc..

How can this be done?

Thanks.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. dnswho

dnswho Well-Known Member

If you what to blocker a domain name email all I did is change the permission.

3. Silverado

Silverado Well-Known Member

This is an awesome post.

http://forums.rackshack.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27659&highlight=aclrules.txt

I used ONLY the Blacklist domains section of this file and added it to my exim config. (edit /etc/exim.conf )
    Then.... towards the bottom of the post I set up and edited the hostrejectrcpt and denyenvsenders files. To set up the files I used tail -f /var/log/exim_mainlog and just watched for the domains I wished to block... mainly safelists because all their incoming email was hammering the servers, but it works great for blocking either an entire IP or a specific email address.

Once it was done and I restarted exim (service exim restart), and it worked better than I expected.