Blocking Email with Filters

neil154

Oct 17, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I now have 3 different domain suppliers and all used cPanel. In all 3 cases I have put in email filters to block various emails (for example block any email that has a from that ends in ".eu" or ends in ".it" but yet I keep getting email from these type of addresses. The domain suppliers just keep telling me that the filters are not perfect.

There are so many emails that get past the filters that I have come to the conclusion that cPanel is the problem. I would like your comments and to know if you have any other explanations.

neil154

Oct 17, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
Thanks for the response but I need more help. I am using a domain hoster and I may be wrong but I thought in my case I do not have access to EXIM. I am the admin for my domain so if I am wrong then please tell me how to access this so I can implement the suggestions. If I am correct and do not have access then would appreciate more suggestions on eliminating spam.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
I have not tried wildcards because the filter allows for "ending with" so I just put in ".pw"
You can still use the syntax from the filters as examples for account level filter rules. EX:

Code:
and ("$h_to:" contains ".pw")
In the account level filter, you can use "to" and "contains" with the same syntax.

Thank you.