The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocking EMail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by icanectc, Apr 7, 2003.

1. icanectc

icanectc Well-Known Member

Greetings all I have a problem

I own a .com which seems to get a lot and I mean a lot of spam at different email addresses like bruce@domain.com and smoke@domain.com from what im told it was once an ISP's website URL that went belly up, and since these users dont actually exist I see them sitting in the exim mail quene I have the option of deleting them but honestly after 3mins theres already another 100 in there thousands of spam messages.

is there a way to completely stop those emails from comming in from the root source?? in WHM? or Cpanel? I am using the spamasssing in Cpanel but they use so many different various of the email address that I get them anyway :P so its not helping.

Thanks for your help :)

Michael.

2. meweb

meweb Well-Known Member

Hello Micheal,

If you can make out the Ip addresses from which the spam arises from the mail headers, then just put the following line in your exim.conf and replace the 0.0.0.0 with the spamming Ip or you can add multiple IP address in file /etc/spammers and the mails from these address will get rejected.

host_reject = 0.0.0.0 : lsearch;/etc/spammers

Please let me know

Regards,

3. balour

balour Member

Good luck!

I have the same problem. I buy a domain from a brankrupty
    ISP, and I received an average of 2000 email a day.

The only way to turn this flood, is to turn off the catch all, so all email will be bounce with a message stating user name is not anymore use.

Only the valid email, specifically activate, will received message.

BTW, you can turn that flood in cash, if you take the good move.