chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
You'll need to explain more about what you are trying to do. If you're asking whether you can block specific cPanel accounts from sending out email, while allowing others, then the simple answer is that you cannot.

Novisoft

Jun 6, 2003
Algiers, Algeria.
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
ok,
Another question :
One of my users is receiving thousands emails, and i don't want him to receive those email, i also don't want those emails to be stored in the mail queue, is there something to do ? for exemple, i want that emails to be deleted in the mean time when they arrived.

Also, is there a script which can be executed automatically (by cron job) to purge the email queue ?

Sorry for my english :)

Hope my questions have been explained well.

Thanks,

Lyes

Last edited:

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
So, you don't want a particular email address to receive emails? IF so, then you should delete any POP3 (Mail) account that they have in their cPanel and then create a Forwarder (alias) for that email address and point it to :fail:. For the whole domain, set the Default Address to :fail: and remove any email accounts that you don't want to receive email.

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
You should not purge the mail queue. Exim already does that on a 4 day cycle (or whatever you set it to) and the mail queue is a vital part of your mail delivery system - it's there for very good reasons.

chirpy

Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
Go on, have a guess
They won't go into the mail queue in the first place, they're rejected during the SMTP conversation when the email comes in.