The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocking Specific Email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bmckain, Jun 19, 2007.

1. bmckain

bmckain Registered

I have been trying to tighten the security on my email and have done fairly well but I am still seeing a couple of issues that really bother me.

1. Return Path

This is spam where the return path is listed as a valid account on our server.

2. Envelope To

This is spam directed to an email address and enveloped to a list of other addresses, some valid and some not.

3. From

This is spam where the sender address is a valid user so blocking or blacklisting the from email would block emails from valid users.

Is there any good way of doing this? I have all the standard commands set from the WHM editor but I can’t seem to find these specifics listed.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

There's next to nothing that you can do about spoofing email headers at present. Domainkeys is the most promising solution, but until it ends up in the SMTP/MTA RFC's there's not much you can do about the bounces from spoofed headers or the spoofed email themselves. SPF tried, but the takeup as been (relatively) miniscule because it failed to deliver what it originally promised.