The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blocking specific outbound email addresses

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by LoadFactor, Apr 29, 2016.

1. LoadFactor

LoadFactor Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've been having ongoing issues with bulk mail providers who have brain-dead spam management systems.

One of the problems is when a user of one of these services erroneously flags a message as spam. It seems that some people have a conversation with one of our customers and then decide the thread is spam, others treat the "flag as spam" button as an unsubscribe button.

Independent of the mechanism, I'm fed up with rescuing our IP address reputations from these idiots. The terms of our agreements with these mail providers prevent me from sharing information with our customers, so I am interested in maintaining a network-wide blacklist of email addresses. If user@dumbmail.com is on the blacklist, I want to return an error to the sender with a message saying, effectively "email blocked by policy".

I've been through exim configuration and searched forums... still not sure of the best way to implement this. What's the best way to do this?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator