Blue Lagoon now has X theme????

techark

May 22, 2002
All branding is lost I have 10 tickets already today from resellers wanting to know what happend to their branding on their accounts cpanels.

Thanks Nick for letting us know this was going to happen. My techs just love getting the extra pocket money to answer these unneeded support questions since I pay ona per ticket basis it is like Xmas time for them.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

tAzMaNiAc

Feb 16, 2003
Sachse, TX
Well, Branding is easy to do!

Take one of our examples, and do it.. easy to add and modify the headers to do branding.

Brenden

P.S. PM me if you need info.

techark

May 22, 2002
Originally posted by tAzMaNiAc
Well, Branding is easy to do!

Take one of our examples, and do it.. easy to add and modify the headers to do branding.

Brenden

P.S. PM me if you need info.

Not that easy if you have 600+ resellers that all have their own brand on a theme.

Sure it is easy if you only have to do one but now a tech has to go and upload a special version for every reseller with their brand on it, life is not that simple.

tbenoit

Apr 15, 2003
Will there be a fix to this coming from the developers? I'd hate to put in a custom theme now that may not work completely with a later release of cPanel/WHM.

tAzMaNiAc

Feb 16, 2003
Sachse, TX
Upload a special version for each reseller? They can do it themselves and put it in their branding directory can they not?
What's wrong with that...

Anyway..

Brenden :)

Originally posted by techark
Not that easy if you have 600+ resellers that all have their own brand on a theme.

Sure it is easy if you only have to do one but now a tech has to go and upload a special version for every reseller with their brand on it, life is not that simple.

mjm

BANNED
Aug 1, 2003
just the fact that it changed for no reason is pretty f'in lame.....

i dont care that much, i dont really use it that much and none of my accounts have emailed me about it.....

tAzMaNiAc

Feb 16, 2003
Sachse, TX
Originally posted by bdraco
x, x2, and bluelagoon now have branding support in the latest EDGE release.

Wonderful, bdraco :) Thanks.

dxer

Sep 9, 2002
Europe
But why just resellers have option for branding. What if I have no resellers but server is just on my own. There is no resellers on server. How to brand this way ?

jsnape

Mar 11, 2002
Originally posted by techark
Thanks Nick for letting us know this was going to happen. My techs just love getting the extra pocket money to answer these unneeded support questions since I pay ona per ticket basis it is like Xmas time for them.

cmon you cheap-ass, share the wealth :) The techs gotta make some scratch too. :)

markie

BANNED
Oct 5, 2003
The icons along the top of Monsoon and Bluelagoon are all missing after i upgrade from 8.4 -> 8.5. I looked and found a bunch of symlinks pointing to the default theme. In the Maroon one im missing a couple of images as well. I need to know where these images are? Symlink from here Symlink from there. All all very confusing.

Also missing the image thats supposed to show up when you click on Branding from WHM either as the admin or as the reseller. It just shows a big X.

Last edited:

myusername

PartnerNOC
Mar 6, 2003
chown -R us.*yourbase*
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Twitter
Originally posted by dxer
But why just resellers have option for branding. What if I have no resellers but server is just on my own. There is no resellers on server. How to brand this way ?

Erm, Make yourself a reseller and do not login as root for account creation.