The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bluelagoon tarball corrupt?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by maryb5555, May 8, 2003.

1. maryb5555

maryb5555 Member

I have been trying to download a tarball of the blue lagoon theme. I tried it through WHM, and received a corrupt file. I also went to http://layer1.cpanel.net/themes/ and downloaded it from there, and got a corrupt file there too. Most of the images and files contained in the tarball are 0KB in size. I can't imagine they are supposed to be that way, are they?

Does anyone know where I can get a good copy of these files? I'd like to edit them a little, to brand them with our logo, change the colors, that sort of thing.

Thanks!

2. WebmastTroy

WebmastTroy Well-Known Member

Under WHM, go to the Addon CPanel Themes. 2 clicks and it's installed.

3. maryb5555

maryb5555 Member

Actually, the blue lagoon theme is already installed, I just wanted to download a copy of it so I could edit and "brand" the end user interface. I figured out how to do it though. I (finally) learned how to edit files using pico through SSH, and have cloned the existing blue lagoon theme so I can play with the copy. Now all I need to learn is how to move image files that I have uploaded to one of my domain accounts and put them into the new theme directory (/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/mytheme/images/).

Unless someone can tell me of a quicker way to do it, I'm going to have to go to my control panel and right click and save all the images, edit them, and then upload and attempt to transfer to the new theme directory.

Thanks for your help, Troy! I'm really not stupid, just ignorant when it comes to using SSH. :confused:

4. WebmastTroy

WebmastTroy Well-Known Member

Code:
    mv /home/mysite/public_html/mytheme /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend

or to copy:
    Code:
    cp -R /home/mysite/public_html/mytheme/* /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/mytheme

or the opposite to get a copy into a web/ftp accessible location.

Good luck. :)

5. maryb5555

maryb5555 Member

Woohoo! Thank you very much! I'll copy those commands into the (rather small) file I am keeping of SSH commands I know how to use. I have a UNIX book, but the explanations in the book aren't very good unless you already know what you're doing (which I don't). Your explanation is much better!

6. mooony

mooony Well-Known Member

Most of the pages in the blue lagoon are symbolic links. For this the files are 0 kb. The symbolic link is the defualt theme.

Ronald