The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bouncebacks return to not original sender

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by alexheizer, Oct 6, 2011.

1. alexheizer

alexheizer Active Member

Dec 17, 2003

I've done a bunch of searches here with a ton of search terms and couldn't find this (I know I saw the solution here on the cPanel forums before, and fixed my servers with it).

Basically, we have customers who have PHP-based newsletter systems in a CMS. When they have an incorrect recipient the undeliverables get bounced back to '' rather than the sender's address. I know it isn't a problem with the CMS, the newsletter system or their hosting account setup, because this worked for years on another server and only started this week after moving their hosting account to new hardware. This issue used to happen and was fixed by adding an Exim ACL on the server. We applied this to other servers which are still working the correct way with multiple accounts regularly sending out newsletters using the exact same CMS and newsletter software.

The hardware is running the same core OS (CentOS 5) the same version of WHM/cPanel (based on automatic nightly updates) and nothing in the account has changed. It was moved using pkgtool and a final sync using rsync.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!