Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Bounced email coming to nobody@servername instead of :blackhole:

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by GoWilkes, Mar 12, 2009.

1. GoWilkes

GoWilkes Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have an account that uses a contact form. It's some sort of a Flash template that I haven't seen before, but it's copied over from an old host. The values are set by the <param> fields, and there's an auto-reply sent through an existing email account.

The account has their default email set to :blackhole:, so that only predetermined emails will work.

When someone submits the form using an unknown email address (misspelled or whatever), the bounced reply on the auto-reply is coming to nobody@servername.com, instead of going to the address that's in the reply-to field. I would have thought that it would at least have gone to :blackhole:, though.

The headers of the last one that bounced said this (servername is used instead of my real server name, and accountname is used instead of the real account):

Return-path: <nobody@servername.com>
    Received: from nobody by servername.com with local (Exim 4.69)
    (envelope-from <nobody@servername.com>)
    id 1Lhn0j-00067o-JK
    for fakeaddress@yahoo.com; Thu, 12 Mar 2009 11:39:29 -0400
    To: fakeaddress@yahoo.com
    Subject: Contact Form
    Reply-To: admin@accountname.com

What do I need to do in order to make it send bounced emails to admin@accountname.com, instead of nobody@servername.com?

2. SuperBaby

SuperBaby Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Twitter:
    Same here.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...