The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bounced emails going to the wrong address

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by brianteeter, Mar 14, 2002.

1. brianteeter

brianteeter Well-Known Member

A user is having a problem with bounced emails going to the wrond address. The master user ID for the account is &tancred& and it is on our server web1.assortedinternet.com.

The user has setup several mailboxes on his account, and has discovered a problem. Namely, if he sends an undeliverable message as one of his users (other than &tancred&), it gets bounced back to the &tancred& email box.

Clearly it should bounce back to the mail box the message originated from. He is using NeoMail, so its definitely some server thing and not a client setup issue.

Any thoughts?

Thanks - Brian

2. feanor

feanor Well-Known Member

actually *with* neomail this is a normal result, as far as I have ever seen. First off are you sure he has his profile configured with *his* address in his neomail specs, or did it just default to the primary address?

Otherwise, I think this is actually normal, what you describe below, though definitely not optimal.

I smell a bug report perhaps?