The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Box Trapper List Syntax

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LizMarr, Oct 1, 2005.

1. LizMarr

LizMarr Registered

I'm not finding it anywhere - documentation or forum. :confused: What is the syntax for setting up the whitelist in Box Trapper. I'm trying to keep it tidy, so I'd like to have it accept all messages from known domains - LSoft, YahooGroups, and certain commercial providers. Microsoft, for instance, always uses the same information past the @, but the front part is hashed (probably because they use PGP) An asterisk (*) is totally ignored, I've been putting just the domain portion of the address in on each line, like From lsoft.com. When I'm whitelisting discussion lists, can I use a syntax like Subject [SAR-Dogs] (or would that better be Subject \[SAR\-Dogs\] ? How does Box Trapper treat spaces? Do they need a delimitter? Are there any wildcard characters or characters to avoid using?

Also, how important is the slash? I notice that the addresses put in by Box Trapper from the queue have a forward slash in front of all characters, myaddress\@myprovider\.com. Does it work better with the slashes? Where is a listing of the headers that Box Trapper recognises? Are they just the common ones, or are there others? Can I combine headers on one line (like From, CC)

It would be nice to find this type of information on the documentation.

Liz Marr