The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

boxtrapper and automated replies question

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by manokiss, Aug 23, 2014.

1. manokiss

manokiss Well-Known Member

Hi there,

This is a simple question for somehow ever used both of these....as boxtraper whitelist the destination email when you send them a message, how is handled when you have an automatic reply in an email address using boxtraper? I mean, the spammer send you an email, and receive the automatic reply...this means we are whitelisting the spammer address?

Thanx in advance!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

If a spammer sent you a message with BoxTrapper enabled, then the message would not come through because most SPAM comes from non-humans that would not be able to pass the verification test.

Thank you.

3. manokiss

manokiss Well-Known Member

Thanx Michael for the reply...but my question is not about the auto reply that boxtrapper sent but an auto replay i have created on that email address.....when a spammer send me an email, two auto repliers will be sent, the boxtrapper one and the auto-reply message i have created, this second one will not whitelist the sender address? (based in the rule that any email we sent will be whitelisted in the spam system)?

Thanx!

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes, here is the note in the cPanel interface:

It is important to understand that even if BoxTrapper is enabled and automatic white-listing is disabled, ANY e-mail address you send mail to will automatically be added to the white-list without your interaction. Since you are in effect interacting with the e-mail address, BoxTrapper assumes you welcome interaction with them and automatically white-lists the e-mail in question.

Thus, you should disable the autoresponder for any email addresses you plan to use with BoxTrapper.

Thank you.