The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BoxTrapper Bugs Last Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Inndesign, Nov 1, 2007.

1. Inndesign

Inndesign Registered

Nov 1, 2007
    Having communicated with cpanel tech support about several issues, nothing is accomplished. There isn't anything this forum can do about it, but posting to see if anyone else notices these problems/bugs.

1) For sometime now, when a user would sent a new email from their email client, the new email would be automatically added to the BoxTrapper white list. Since the last update, this no longer works. My hosting customers are really ticked off about having to manually add new emails to the white list. I cannot get cpanel support to resolve this issue.

2) Since the last update, some extended keyboard characters convert to their binary equivalent (correct terminology?). Meaning form titles with an apostrophe will no longer work in Boxtrapper. White list entry example: "subject Contact Form for Ruth's Cafe" should read "subject Contact Form for Ruth's Cafe" but BoxTrapper makes a mess out of any entry with an apostrophe. These mauled entries do not allow the email to pass. I can edit and fix, but as soon as I save, it returns to the previous state.

This is the response I get from support: "This issue is due to character limitation in the box trapper code and as such we cannot do much about it since it is a 3rd party application, even for cpanel. We would request that you code the form around this issue and hopefully get it to work?"

I have hundreds of accounts and a vast number of forms have apostrophes in the white list. Am I suppose to spend countless hours editing all my customer's forms and white list entries for free because cpanel refuses to proactively find a solution? When a product is wrapped in the distribution of any given product, it becomes the distributor's responsibility as a whole. Such should not negate with lame excuses that it is not their problem.