The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BoxTrapper Configuration

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mjelic, Jun 28, 2007.

1. mjelic

mjelic Registered

I'm a user of cPanel as provided by my host provider, so I hope it is OK for me to post a question here.

First up, it looks like my host is giving me cPanel 10, and not the current verison which looks to be v11, so please let me know if this is a v10 specific problem.

OK, what I want to be able to do is have one root mail account (that I never give out to anyone) that has BoxTrapper enabled on it. I then set up dozens of forwarders that point to this root email account.

From the attached screen shot, it *seemed* like I would be able to configure BoxTrapper to trap mail from *some* of those forwarders, but not others. But from my tests EVERYTHING that ends up coming to the root mail account gets trapped.

Worse, the verification email that is sent out sends it "from" the root email address, rather than the the forwarder address that I gave out to the person, so they end up having seen and thus maybe use my root account, which I never want known.

So, in summary, this is what I would like "fixed" (and hopefully it has been in v11)

1) In the "emails going to this account" field on the "Configure Settings" page, these are the only email addresses that BoxTrapper does its trapping to.
    2) The verifiecaiton emails look as if they come from the email address the mail was orginally sent to.

Of course, if anyone can think of another way I can skin this cat (where I have one single email account to retrieve mail from, but a number of forwarders, some of which are BoxTrapped) then I would much appreciate your input. :)

Cheers,
    Mark

Attached Files: