The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BoxTrapper does not appear to be working.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by carock, Aug 2, 2006.

1. carock

carock Well-Known Member

I have a customer that is using the BoxTrapper, but were not receiving all their mail.

I saw in the exim logs that mail was being delivered to the boxtrapper, but nothing was showing up in the boxtrapper log or queue in their cPanel. No reponse message for verification was being sent back either.

I added a new user, and that worked fine. I checked the difference, and found that the new user had a directory the other didn't.

/home/user/etc/domain.com/suport only had a .boxtrapper directory and a file .boxtrapperenable

The new user also had a boxtrapper directory with log, queue and verifications directories.

I believe that's why the other acocunts are not working, for some reason they do not have that boxtrapper directory. I tried copying the directory from the one that did work, but it still didn't work after that. That directory seems to be created when the new mail account was created, so the only way I can think of to get it is to delete the old E-mail accounts and recreate them. I don't think that's a good solution though.

Does anyone else have an idea how to fix this without deleting the accounts and recreating them?

Thanks,
    Chuck

2. Coffeymate

Coffeymate Active Member

Aha!
    No one would believe me when I told them that Boxtrapper failed to function in the same manner you are describing because it functioned for them on the very same domain name.

I'm going to try deleting that account and remaking it to see if that does fix this strange issue.

Thanks for the idea.:D

3. carock

carock Well-Known Member

The customer deleted the accounts and recreated them. The BoxTrapper is working now.

What I found was this....

In the directory /home/user/etc/domain/mailboxname/ Originally there was no .boxtrapper directory, but for new users it was being created. After deleting the old user and re-enabling the boxtrapper, it was working correctly, and the missing directory was there.

I also found that the directory called mailboxname above was not created until I clicked on the BoxTrapper page within cPanel, then all configured E-mail accounts were listed in that directory. New one's had new directories. I suspect, that the BoxTrapper software was updated, and the old existing accounts did not get the new configuration or something.

I didn't try it, but I believe if you disable boxtrapper on the non-working account, then delete that directory with the mailboxname, then reload the boxtrapper page in cPanel, it will recreate the directory correctly. This way you don't have to delete the account altogether.

Also, on this particular account, I had a user directory under /home/virtfs not all of my accounts have that. I didn't see that it was a symbolic link, so you may have to delete the same directory under virtfs path too.

At least we know how to fix it the hard way now. :-p

Thanks,
    Chuck