The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxtrapper Glitch [moved]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by robindean, Dec 14, 2005.

1. robindean

robindean Registered

Boxtrapper Glitch

I'm unable to receive messages from 2checkout.com and I'd like to know if there's a workaround.

Whenever a message comes through with @2checkout.com in the from area, for some reason boxtrapper marks it as being "incorrectly constructed header" blah blah blah something something.

Any solutions out there? Are they fixing this?

:confused:

2. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

Although it's probably not the answer you're looking for, however I'd recommend simply ditching BoxTrapper.

What are the reasons for you using it? If you say why you're using it, I'm sure people will be able to post suggestions for alternative methods for achieving your goals that don't include BoxTrapper.

3. robindean

robindean Registered

I get tons of spam and rather than having to sift through it or "burn it" based on screening methods I'd prefer to simply bounce everything back so that real people respond and spammers don't.

This way, my box doesn't overflow and spam almost never gets through.

Then, each week I simply check the que and the "auto-whitelisted" address ... whoever gets onto my white list that tends to send crap (strangers in my industry who send news letters) are then added to my ignore list manually.

I like boxtrapper. I just want it to stop glitching on 2checkout.com ... it feels like a good answer to stopping spam.

4. webignition

webignition Well-Known Member

If your goal is to effectively deal with spam, then you're probably not on the right path in using BoxTrapper, or so is the opinion for a fair few people on these forums - I can't say for sure as I've never used it.

There are various other, often better, methods for dealing with spam at the server level so as to not only limit the level of spam getting through to you, but to also limit the amount of mail that Exim processes fully (by rejecting some almost undeniably unwanted mail during transit), therefore lowering the load on the server.

Try searching for BoxTrapper on the forums to find out some more about it before you decide to definitely stick with it.

5. robindean

robindean Registered

Solution

I like boxtrapper.

My question is ... how do I get it to accept messages from 2checkout.com?

The numeric value is the problem. When it sees "2" in "2checkout" it assumes that's a header error.

Anybody know how to fix that?

:mad: