The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boxtrapper support

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rkinch, Oct 16, 2006.

1. rkinch

rkinch Registered

I am reselling hosting space from a hosting company. I have recently began heavily promoting the boxtrapper feature. It was suddenly removed from Cpanel this morning at my hosting company. They told me CPanel no longer supports it.

Is this really true? I found that surprising since an update was just posted to it.

R. Kinch

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I'm not aware that they've stopped supporting it. However, it's a very poor feature and I would imagine your host disabled it to protect the server from getting into spam blacklists which is extremely easily done because of flaws in the principle in the way it works.

3. SoftDux

SoftDux Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It''s also rather heavy on resources, which could be why they disabled it. On three email accounts we saw our server load go up by 4

4. jsnape

jsnape Well-Known Member

Don't worry, it's just a temporary removal. As soon as you host updates cpanel it will magically come back and resume its destruction on your server.

5. claudio

claudio Well-Known Member

in my servers i have disabled this due sometimes it causes overload in the server

i will give it a try when i order a ram upgrade, but spamd and this things consumes a lot of resources so there is many companies that might disable it in some servers