The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BoxTrapper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blaze64, Apr 27, 2004.

1. blaze64

blaze64 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if this is a custom coded script that cPanel developers made? Or is this a take off of another script?

I have tried and tried to find documents about this feature but can't seem to find any!

I would like to modify the 'guts' of this feature but can't seem to find ANYTHING about it!

OR... If you are a coder and would like to make a "Boxtrapper" let me know! I like it, but its not reliable enough to use "as is".

Thanks!

2. blaze64

Not to be rude, but I really didn't want a discussion about the feature itself... or why it was or wasnt reliable. I KNOW it is not reliable....

I am just looking for documentation on the script OR a programmer than can recreate it from scratch.

3. rs-freddo

rs-freddo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It's a copy of Active Spam Killer, but do yourself a favour and just buy Qurb. I joined as an affiliate and just recommend it to my clients - it's foolproof so it's good for my clients. Server side management is just way beyond most of my clients...;)

4. blaze64

Thanks for the reply. I really like the Linux style and not Windows (Outlook) product.

I have looked at ASK but I think it is geared more for one user and not easily adapted into a multi user environment.

Or am I wrong?

Any other programs that are like ASK? I have also seen TMDA which also in more for single users.....

Thanks!

5. rs-freddo

rs-freddo Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have installed ASK serverwide - for testing, and it works fine. Little complicated to install for pop accounts but it's easy to install on the catchall. Only one problem is that it disables forwards (the way I installed it). I am pretty sure that you could use the boxtrapper exim rules to make a more snug fit of ASK and cpanel. Fizz also has webASK, a gui frontend for ASK.