The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

BoxTrapper

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Abu Mami, Oct 11, 2004.

1. Abu Mami

Abu Mami Active Member

TMDA or ASK install under cPanel

Hi,

I am in desperate need of either TMDA (preferred) or ASK. I get over 2000 spams per week and I can't take it anymore. I'm currently using Bluebottle to protect me from spam. It is a challenge/response type of system like TMDA and ASK and has given me back my inbox. However I really want to have complete control and therefore I would like to install one of these two packages on my server.

Does anyone know how to do this? Is there an install package available for one of these programs? How about making this [an optional] part of the cPanel installation? That would really be *great*.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Personally, I hate such systems, however cPanel do provide a variation of ASK called boxtrapper. You can get it by installing cPanel Pro under WHM > Addon Modules. You may need to enable it under WHM > Feature Manager. You shoudl then get an extra area in the users cPanel to use boxtrapper (provided your skins supports cPanel Pro - which X and BlueLagoon does (to some extent)).

3. Abu Mami

Abu Mami Active Member

Hey Jonathan, thanks for the help. I wasn't much for these types of systems either, but I've been using Bluebottle for a few months now and it's given me back my inbox. I originally wanted to use either TMDA or ASK since I have my own server, but couldn't figure out how to install it.

I found Bluebottle with an Internet search and I'm finally enjoying email again. It's a really great service, but hey, since I've got my own server why not take advantage of it.

Anyhow, I did what you said and it's working great. Now I can customize the messages the way I want them (instead of the way that Bluebottle wants).

Thanks again.

4. Abu Mami

Abu Mami Active Member

Well, now that I've got BoxTrapper installed on my box (see my TMDA/ASK thread), I wanted to know where to find more information on it. Does cPanel provide a web interface to it, or does each mail user have to log onto cPanel? I've searched the web but couldn't find any more information on BoxTrapper. Does anyone know of any documentation?

Thanks.

5. Joshfrom

Joshfrom Well-Known Member

Documentation on the cPanel Pro features is yet to come. You can either go to

http://domain.com:2082/ and find it at the bottom of the page or

http://domain.com:2095/ (logging on with your individual email address) and access boxtrapper there

6. Abu Mami

Abu Mami Active Member

OK, great. That helps. I want to have more than one address forwarded to the boxtrapper enabled account. When I enter in the list, do I need to enter in full addresses, or can I use domains in the list?

7. LiNUxG0d

LiNUxG0d Well-Known Member

Hi,

Fair enough, but my users BoxTrap was configured and it still isn't working. He's checking on another host that uses this feature in a cPanel Pro build and he gets lots of files in his etc/ folder that WE do not have here... it's odd.

Can you shed some light regarding this?

He says:

-=-=-
    My other site on another ISP has many more
    files that were installed with the installation
    besides the single .boxtrapper directory
    in each of the POP3 directories.
    -=-=-

Basically, I never used this software and he says on another domain it works and not here. I'd hate to think I am providing a sub-par service. ;)

lol

Let me know if you have any info for us here.

Regards,

Jamie S.
    Kiosk.ws

8. osfdeath

osfdeath Well-Known Member

Boxtrapper has worked, for the most part, for some of my customers.
    It did create a little problem by looping somehow

I think it was when an email went to someone from an automated system.
    It just kept boucing back and forth, causing incredible drains on my system CPU :(

Any cpanel folk wanna help resovle it? lol