The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Branding in x3 (cPanel 11), how does it work?

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by Domenico, May 3, 2007.

1. Domenico

Domenico Well-Known Member

Ok when I am on the branding page, select a skin, upload a header image and then go back and generate sprites nothing happens. I also never get to see the uploaded jpg.

How does this work? :confused:

2. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

I have a ticket open about this, as Im getting exactly the same, its down to some missing dirs in /usr/local/cpanel and what looks like a bug with their upload system for branding images, you should see something like this in the cpanel error log if the dirs exist:

/usr/local/cpanel/tmp/cpanel.TMP.wDZjtOk15wWcGrB3: No such file or directory
    Sprite Image (744,147) file =
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpanelbranding/x3//heading_sprites_compleximg.jpg
    Sprite Image (0,0) file =
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpanelbranding/x3//heading_sprites_transimg.png
    gd-png: fatal libpng error: Image width or height is zero in IHDR
    gd-png error: setjmp returns error condition
    *** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (top): 0x000000000092f330 ***
    Sprite Image (35,222) file =
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpanelbranding/x3//heading_sprites_img.png
    Sprite Image (28,168) file =
    /usr/local/cpanel/cpanelbranding/x3//heading_sprites_bg_snap_to_smallest_width.
    png

3. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

This should resolve that error:

killall -9 rebuild_sprites
    /scripts/upcp

4. nickp666

5. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

Correct, I just created that report minutes ago after investigating the original issue/solution with the image libs.

Rest assured we are working diligently on it :)

6. Domenico

Well, for me this didn't work. :(

7. cPDan

cPDan cPanel Staff
    Staff Member

8. Domenico

Sorry I don't understand. I want to have every user to have the same skin so I want to change and lock it but you are saying thta for now it only works per user and they can change anything when they are logged in into cPanel?

9. rone

rone Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If you wan't have all customers the same skin, disable the function "change style" in cPanel. Goto WHM --> Packages --> Feature Manager --> and disable the function below the list: "Change Look and Feel". Thats all. On this way all customers will get the default x3 skin.

#9 rone, May 3, 2007
    Last edited: May 3, 2007
  10. Domenico

Yes I know. Now we only have to wait till the branding option really works so we can change the default skin.

11. nickp666

Dan's efforts appear to have not paid off, still broken in C11600 aside from the bugzilla - "Will be solved in builds later then 11549" its now not throwing errors, but also not changing images no matter how many times you rebuild the sprites!

12. proxyhost

proxyhost Registered

I temporarily solve my issue of logo branding by using this sh script:
    Code:
    #!/bin/bash

mv /path/to/top-logo.png /
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/black_ice/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/business2business/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/clocks/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/crimson_smoke/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/falltheme/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/motor_city/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/servers/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/sundaymorning/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/tealmadness/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/the-beach/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/

cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3mail/branding/black_ice/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3mail/branding/business2business/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3mail/branding/clocks/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3mail/branding/crimson_smoke/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3mail/branding/falltheme/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3mail/branding/motor_city/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3mail/branding/servers/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3mail/branding/sundaymorning/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3mail/branding/tealmadness/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3mail/branding/the-beach/
    cp -fv ./top-logo.png /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3mail/branding/

If you want just put that as a daily cron. I'm now going to try to rebuild all of my spirits after doing this and see if it applies my logo after running an update.

13. proxyhost

proxyhost Registered

no dice. after update it went back. neway i know you guys are working on a fix and i appreciate that.

14. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Should be ok again in 11.2.6

15. internetfab

internetfab Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Doesn't really seem to work..
    Started by making an account reseller then logged on as the reseller to cpanel and went into the branding editor. From there I tried changing different pictures (favicon, home picture and so on) but to no avail even after sprite regeneration.
    Searched the logfile and found this:

Code:
    Thu May 10 14:56:39 2007 warn [Cpanel::cPanelFunctions]: rcopy('/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/test1/local.css', '/home/asp2hem/cpanelbranding/x3/test1/local.css') failed: No such file or directory  at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/cPanelFunctions.pm line 430
            Cpanel::cPanelFunctions::safecopy('/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x3/branding/test1/local.css', '/home/asp2hem/cpanelbranding/x3/test1/local.css') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Branding.pm line 427
            Cpanel::Branding::api2_cssmerge('brandingpkg', 'test1', 'css', '#cpanel #border-efx #heading-top-header-bg #heading-top-billboar...') called at (eval 8) line 1
            eval '$dataref = [Cpanel::Branding::api2_cssmerge(%CFG)];' called at cpanel.pl line 4419
            main::api2_exec('Branding', 'cssmerge', 'HASH(0x93ccc78)', 'HASH(0x8eabf5c)') called at cpanel.pl line 1116
            main::cpexectag('<?cp Branding::cssmerge([merge]%[/merge],merge) css=$FORM{\'css\...') called at cpanel.pl line 4236
            main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4144
            main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0x8e64160)') called at cpanel.pl line 4119
            main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0x905e114)') called at cpanel.pl line 955
    Nothing about the favicon.gif that we tried uploading - although I can see that it is placed in the reseller account under cpanelbranding. With IE7 it is placed there as favicon.ico.. when using firefox 2.0 it was placed there as 8.ico
    There's also a picture there I tried uploading with firefox 2.0... its name is ".gif" - that's also an interesting name since it was called title.gif when I tried uploading it.

None of all the pictures uploaded through the branding editor show up.

Any help? How do we make this work?

16. cPanelNick

cPanelNick Administrator
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider

11.2.8 has a few branding cleanups. The design team is working on a tutorial for branding. They are also discussing a few ways that we can make this easier to use before RELEASE.

17. internetfab

internetfab Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    One thing I which irritated me was that after editing you click the Go Back button and you come back to the long list of themes and have to find the theme you're working on - each time..

I think you're more often working on one theme and it might be better having a page for each theme with a link back like in forums (for example this one: cPanel Forums > General > Skins > Branding in x3 (cPanel 11), how does it work?).

Gonna try the new version if it's out and give you some more feedback.

18. LeetWebH

LeetWebH Member

Well im on current RELEASE (WHM 11.1.0 cPanel 11.4.6-R13580) and im experiencing the same sympthon, when I try to upload the logo for example (editing a branding) it wont do anything. Checked the cpanel error log and nothing appeared. (at least no errors logging) Anyone else experencing this?

19. dwykofka

dwykofka Well-Known Member

This is what I want to do..

I want to modify sundaymorning with my logo and lock that in for my customers.

How can we do this, the only thing that I can see in WHM to download and edit is X3 and I assume this is the default skin.

Is this possible?

20. dwykofka

dwykofka Well-Known Member

ewww

Code:
    Can not change into /home/*USER*/cpanelbranding/x3/sundaymorning: No such file or directory at cpanel.pl line 2833
    	Carp::croak('Can not change into /home/*USER*/cpanelbranding/x3/sundaymorni...') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Fileman.pm line 163
    	Cpanel::Fileman::uploadfiles('brandingpkg', 'sundaymorning', 'dir', '/home/*USER*/cpanelbranding/x3/sundaymorning', 'imgtype', 'logo', '*Path Removed*file-LOGIN_2.gif-key', 'file1', ...) called at cpanel.pl line 2833
    	main::dofileman('uploadfiles()') called at cpanel.pl line 1459
    	main::exectag('<cpanel Fileman="uploadfiles()">') called at cpanel.pl line 4309
    	main::dotag(undef) called at cpanel.pl line 4198
    	main::cpanel_parseblock('SCALAR(0x8eb2e70)') called at cpanel.pl line 4152
    	main::cpanel_parse('GLOB(0x90b71d4)') called at cpanel.pl line 969