The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Branding x2 - last part of header (top_02_bg.gif)

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by harveycarpenter, Mar 3, 2006.

1. harveycarpenter

Hey guys

This problem's driving me crazy!

I love the way you/cPanel's made everything so easy to brand, without having to overwrite files, etc. but there seems to be one part of the header that's been forgotten - the background image!

I'm talking about the very last bit (on x2) of the header - the half a centimetre or so that continues on the header - top_02_bg.gif

There's no option to change it on the branding section. I've already made my (purple) copy of it... just need to know where to upload it too!

Can't upload it to /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x2/images as it redirects to /x if you know what I mean.

Whilst it would probably be a good idea to make this image easily brandable, does anybody have a "quick fix" I can use - perhaps editing the header file (wherever that may be) to point to the image, or uploading my image over the old one?

Thanks a lot for your time in advance.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x/images/top_02_bg.gif Is where one of the images is.

/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x/modern1 contains the below:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" background="<cpanel printvar="dprefix">images/top_02_bg.gif">

This is the header file.

/usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/x/stdheader.html

Not sure if that helps. Keep in mind any changes you make here will be overwritten on upgrades.

I never could understand why this theme was never "finished" completely. As this is the area that the customers see daily.

3. harveycarpenter

Thanks a lot for that - great help.