Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Broken Auto-responder behavior on generated emails?

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by Tekime, Sep 23, 2004.

1. Tekime

Tekime Member

Hi all,

I have a script that is generating an email to a local address (@mydomain.com) on one of our client's domains.

The email address has multiple forwarders and an auto-responder set up. When my PHP script uses the mail() function to send an email to this address, the forwarders work fine but the auto-responder does not. The sender email address is valid and everything.

When I email the above address directly, the forwarders and the auto-responder work fine.

Any clue why the auto-responder is not working when using the mail() function? Is this some issue with CPanel / CPanel config, or some scripting nuance I need to shake down?

Any insight appreciated, I don't want this little niggle frustrating visitor's of my client's site.

Thanks. :cool:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Tekime

Tekime Member

Any ideas?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Tekime

Tekime Member

No takers? Still haven't had any luck with this. :(

Thanks