The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

broken graphic files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wildear, Mar 4, 2004.

1. wildear

wildear Member

Can some one please tell me what I am doing wrong. Upload my pages with Dreamweaver and none of my jpgs and giffs will work. Everything previews fine befor I upload. I have uploaded all the graphic files with still no luck

2. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    you mite wanna go and check the file names. Linux is case sensitive whereas windows is not.

3. wildear

wildear Member

What do ypu mean by case sensitive? I am up loading from a mac system. Running Dreamweaver in 9.2 and storing files in OS 10.2 along with photoshop files.

4. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I meant on the server, if inside your webpage you have Wildear.gif being used and on the server its uploaded as wildear.gif, both are NOT SAME. Check the actual file names and those mentioned inside those html pages.

5. wildear

wildear Member

Would these changes be able to be made with in the cpanel by mearly "change name" of the files? Sorry I am really new to this, thanks for helping. My website sucks! An artist with no graphics:(

6. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    np. You would need to open your webpage probably inside a text editor, and see what file names are mentioned for images etc. Alternatively you can see them in Dreamweaver as well. Now see what is the filename cases in the ftp server. If they don't match, fix it. If its still too complex, get someone to do it for you.