The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Broken images - WHM 11.32.3 (build 23) CENTOS 6.3 x86_64 virtuozzo

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Asri Zainal, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Asri Zainal

Asri Zainal Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,

i have recently clean install a new OS(centos-6.2-x86_64) on my VPS along with cPanel directly from my vePortal.

immediately after installation, upon reaching my login page, noticed a broken image(WHM logo)
    https://VPS-IP:2087/cPanel_magic_revision_1344189937/unprotected/cpanel/images/whm.png

Ignoring that and proceeded to login as root and completed the initial set up wizard.

afterwhich reaching the main page of WHM which consists more of broken images(icons) from left menu as well as main frame. Sometimes when I'm "lucky", the top or main frame is broken, giving me an error below on my Google Chrome.

Code:
    This webpage is not available
    The connection to VPS-IP was interrupted.
    Here are some suggestions:
    Reload this webpage later.
    Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
    Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
    If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to Applications > System Preferences > Network > Advanced > Proxies and deselect any proxies that have been selected.
    Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.
    if i refresh the page, the error may be gone for awhile but some of the images will still be broken.
    every single session, there will definitely be a broken image in any part of WHM.

weirdly when i tried to open the image in a new tab, it displays.

This problem happened even before the clean install, assuming it will fix this issue.
    Seeking your expert opinion in this.

Thank you.

Screen Shot 2012-08-06 at 6.50.14 AM.png

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Are you seeing any errors in /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log location on loading WHM?

Next, could you try using a different browser and let us know the results?

3. Asri Zainal

Asri Zainal Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi,
    I've got assistance from Andrew Miller on my ticket raised.

seems like an issue with the memory from my VPS but as i checked on vePortal, barely utilising the memory of 512mb.

i have then did a new OS install of centos-6.2-x86 instead and clean install of cPanel following the steps on /http://abusedcompetence.com/2011/04/03/how-to-install-cpanel-from-scratch-without-fear/ instead of the 1 click install from vePortal.

everything works well now for past 1 day.

WHM 11.32.3 (build 23)
    CENTOS 6.3 i686 virtuozzo