The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

broken links

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by neospace, Nov 7, 2008.

1. neospace

neospace Registered

hello all,
    I use dreamweaver and upload the files to legacy file manager (the index and the jpegs) and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I've deleted and reinstalled about 35 time with different ways, (maybe standing on one foot while pushing enter) sometimes this works. :) does any one know what this could be?
    wg

2. lngtanseco

lngtanseco Well-Known Member

Just a thought. Unix servers are case sensitive. You may want to check on your script that you refer to the images correctly by paying special attention to the case of file names after uploading.

3. neospace

neospace Registered

thank you for repling but...

lets say I have a file named "trees" and it is uploaded and working... and then I want to adjust "trees" in photoshop and resubmit it. I delete "trees" in cpanel and then re upload using the same name "trees" but it stays the same. it still looks like the first "trees" file before I altered the jpeg.

does anyone know what this could be??? they are all lower case.
    WG

4. cpanelinfoseeker

cpanelinfoseeker Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It could be your browser showing the cached page due to your computer settings, or if you are using AOL, then AOL has not updated their cache. I have a few users on AOL who have problems even though I can view their revised pages immediately.

Solution is to clear your cache and reload the page, or if on AOL you need to wait for their update.

5. neospace

neospace Registered

thanks but....

I did that and it is still not updating I don't have AOL, use flock or IE. do you have any other suggestions...(please)

WG