SOLVED Broken symlinks in /var/run/systemd/units

2gendevs

Jun 10, 2022
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Noticed backups were not working so we submitted a cpanel ticket with the following error:

Service error:
Jul 03 14:50:07 systemd[1]: Started cPanel DNS admin service.
Jul 03 14:50:07 systemd-coredump[1348258]: Process 1348251 (dnsadmin - load) of user 0 dumped core.
Jul 03 14:50:07 systemd[1]: dnsadmin.service: Main process exited, code=dumped, status=11/SEGV
3:25
backup error:
Copying Dns Zones....[2022-07-10 15:23:23 -0400] (XID wrr8bp) The system failed to connect a UNIX domain socket to “/var/cpanel/dnsadmin/sock” because of an error: Connection refused

cpanel support pointed out to us our symlinks are broken in /var/run/systemd/units

1657547001569.png

Since this is not a direct cpanel issue they can't assist us with but curious if anyone else has had this before and if so what did you do to resolve?

We are hoping yum reinstall \* or just a restart will fix it but want to get some feedback first before trying that incase things don't come backup.

Oddly enough this issue seems to be unique since there are no similar posts in any searches we tried.

Regardless of how this turns out we will post an update and hopefully that helps out the next person with this problem.

Last edited:

2gendevs

Jun 10, 2022
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I'm being told by others that the symlinks are fine and cpanel support was incorrect about them being broken.

They show up that way on everyother server. Those guys nearly gave me a heart attack so we are just back to square one for figuring out this error:
The system failed to connect a UNIX domain socket to “/var/cpanel/dnsadmin/sock” because of an error: Connection refused

2gendevs

Jun 10, 2022
Canada
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks I think it should be fixed after I update and restart afterhours later. Systemd works in funny ways and I don't blame the people at support for seeing flashing red symlinks and thinking something is wrong because I fell for that aswell.

Reactions: cPRex