Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

browsing whm/cpanel UI through mobile android device (problems connecting)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by betoranaldi, Dec 22, 2009.

1. betoranaldi

betoranaldi Well-Known Member

I'm having this really strange problem.

I recently got an android device (Motorola Droid) and when I try to access any cpanel/whm control panel through the browser I get a connection error.

At first I thought it was just that, a connection issue. But I connected through 3G/WiFi with the same results. I also tried using different browsers with the same results.

Now looking at the SSL certificates, I noticed something very strange. When I visit the (server) https://host.domain.com/ the certificate comes up as valid.

Once the port gets added https://host.domain.com:2087/ the certificate shows up as invalid and doesn't look like it is associated with the domain/server at all. The certificate being displayed is said to be from valicert.com when viewing the server with the port number.

If I disable the host/ssl redirection in the tweaks menu, I can access the control panel without a problem it just isn't through a secure channel.

I then went to cpanel.net to see if I could access their demo through the device, and I can without any problems.

It definitely looks like it has something to do with the SSL certificate or server configuration. I installed the certificate from godaddy following their instructions and never have had a problem with it on a normal computer.

Has anyone experienced something similar? It would be nice to have the ability to access the control panel on the go.

Thanks
    Brian

#1 betoranaldi, Dec 22, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  2. betoranaldi

now this morning FireFox is exhibiting the same behavior (only when the ports are added to the https link. FireFox gives a specific error (unlike the mobile browser)

Error:

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to host.burningtwig.com:2087.
    Peer's Certificate has been revoked.

(Error code: sec_error_revoked_certificate)

* The page you are trying to view can not be shown be cause the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.

* Please contact the web site owners to inform them of this problem. Alternatively, use the command found in the help menu to report this broken site.

3. betoranaldi

So it appears that although I updated the SSL Cert in the SSL/TLS menu I also needed to updated it under the Services menu.

Once I did this and rebooted the server, all started working as intended.