The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Brute Force Protection" message location

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ArmLUG, Jan 13, 2012.

1. ArmLUG

ArmLUG Registered

Hello friends,

On my Cpanel server, I have included "Brute Force Protection". After ip address entering in "Brute" list, he will receive the following message:

This account is currently locked out because a brute force attempt was detected. Please wait a few minutes and try again. Attempting to login again will only increase this delay. If you frequently experience this problem, we recommend having your username changed to something less generic.

In our town a few know English, and I want to change this message in our language. Please help me where can I change the message? In what file?

Thank in advance for your help! ;)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

This message is hard-coded into cPanel versions prior to 11.32 so it is not possible to change it. cPanel version 11.32 (currently available as a development build) introduces the ability to select and localize languages on the login interface for cPanel, WHM and Webmail. However, the brute force message is no longer used in version 11.32. Instead, it simply informs the user the login details are not valid. I have opened an internal case with our development team to see if it's the intention to remove this message in 11.32. I will update this thread when I receive more information.

Thank you.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have confirmed that in cPanel 11.32, the message will simply state:

You will have the ability to localize the above message to your own language.

Thank you.