Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Brute Force Q

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rfonseca, Feb 1, 2005.

1. rfonseca

rfonseca Member

Hi,
    I have BFD installed with APF and this works fine. I was wondering if any of you ever follow up on reporting brute force attacks to the responsible abuse contacts for the ip. I have had a few lately that are coming from the theplanet and comcast cable services. Is it worth forwarding the BFD email to the abuse contacts there?

thanks

2. JP-HOST

JP-HOST Well-Known Member

I once did this, but then there became so many that it was taking up all my time... It would be nice if somehow BFD would have the option to do a whois on the attacker's IP and automatically report it to the abuse address of the whois record.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ntwaddel

ntwaddel Well-Known Member

yeah its not worth the trouble. a lot of the ips originate from asian countries, and those isp's dont usually give a shit :)

4. lloyd_tennison

lloyd_tennison Well-Known Member

I do not know - but maybe someone at ironport might be interested. (They own SPamcop.net and senderbase.org, etc.)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...