(Bug?) Filehash changes after being pushed to cpanel git

jovial_norway

Registered
Jan 22, 2020
Norway
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello.
I'm keeping a hash register (with sha1 hashes) to check for unwanting file changes on external server.
I found that "cPanel Git Version Control" changes some of my file automatically i.e. hashes too.

Scenario:
I push files from developer server -> to Gitlab, in Gitlab the file have still the same sha1 hash.
I now log into cPanel and go to "Git™ Version Control", clicking manage, and then "pull and deploy", and then "update from remote".
cPanel is now fetching the files from Gitlab (many thousands).
Of these thousands of files, cPanel have now changed the file hash of 58 files. When going into it, I also register the filsize is microscopic smaller in size too.

From my debugging, it seems like it has something to do with whitespace, but im not sure if this is the scenario.

How can I fix this?? I need my files to keep the same hash from when I signed them to my register.

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hi @jovial_norway

I believe what you're doing is a great idea but to investigate what's going on, I'd really like for you to open a ticket so that we can look at this more in depth. If you do open a ticket please update here with the ticket ID so that we can provide the outcome in this thread when available.

Thanks!