The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug In cPanel - dns problem

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by uops, Oct 24, 2007.

1. uops

uops Member

I am having a serious problem of dns.

All accounts of resale that is transferred from other servers to my to extract the fullbackup is with the settings of the server in the previous dns, and dns of the new server is not recognized, so that the dns work I need to manually edit all accounts , a person knows how to solve this?

Bug cPanel? :(

2. AlexV.

AlexV. Well-Known Member

Ola!

Could you please be more specific in regards the issue you are experiencing.

Are you having issues when you transfer reseller accounts to your server, are the IPs or SOAs not updated correctly?

Also, what exact version and branch of cPanel are you running.

Thank you.

3. uops

uops Member

Only have problems when transferring resales of other servers.

If a new account resale error does not occur.

The problem is the transfer because the edit the dns, I see that has data from the old server.

WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.11.0-S16999
    REDHAT Enterprise 5 i686 - WHM X v3.1.0
    php5 , mysql5

Thanks! ;)

4. davidgeier

davidgeier Member

I wrote a simple zone maker program in perl. It will allow you to enter the domain name, create the zone file text and the named.conf file text perfectly formatted.
    You just cut and paste the zone file to /var/named and insert the config into named.conf. What makes this program useful is that you can add all of your mail servers and web servers into a pre-defined pull down menu.

5. uops

uops Member

Can available?

Still DNS was to work perfectly, it is difficult to solve these problems dns manually.

The boy who made the setting for my server said that this is an issue in cPanel and was waiting for me to a new system upgrade but it already has a few days ...

6. yapluka

yapluka Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    If I get it correctly, when you transfer an account from another server, the DNS zone keeps the DNS of the old server instead of updating with the DNS of the new server ?
    In this case, in your WHM >> Tweak Settings, uncheck the case "When adding a new domain, if the domain is already registered, ignore the configured nameservers, and set the NS line to the authoritative (registered) ones."

This should fix your issue :)

7. uops

uops Member

The problem only occurs in the main account of resale, as the ip of the server ancient remains. The correct move would be the ip for the new.

This not occurred in the former version of cPanel.

Every account resale migrated to new server must have the dns edited manually.

The other accounts are correct in staying with the old dns (without ip), because it will not make any negative effect.

8. AlexV.

AlexV. Well-Known Member

uops:

If you keep having issues please open a support ticket and we will gladly take a look.

There was an issue with the SOA not updating to the new server info, nevertheless it was addressed on the current build branches.

9. uops

uops Member

Where open a ticket of support?

thanks!

10. AlexV.

AlexV. Well-Known Member