Bug in Mailman version 2.1.11.cp3

dolphyn

Well-Known Member
Nov 27, 2001
69
0
306
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I haven't seen that, but does your customer speak a different language? It could be a language-specific issue as someone posted above.
 

cjmwebdesigns

Well-Known Member
Dec 20, 2003
72
0
156
New Jersey
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Nope. No different languages at this time. Just logged in an ensured it was set for English.

I completed one of the steps outlined here or another post and notified them. I will do all three steps slowly and since he is the only one who can validate I am waiting on him.

It is strange to say the least, I have tried on three different computers and three different networks.
 

aarondwyer

Well-Known Member
Verifed Vendor
Mar 26, 2005
73
0
156
Brisbane
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I know this is an old thread, but this just came up for me with

Code:
Bug in Mailman version 2.1.14

We're sorry, we hit a bug!
Mailman must have just updated since the datetime stamps were only a couple of days old on the cgi-bin files.

I'm running suPHP and as such permissions can't be more than 755 otherwise you get 500 errors etc.


CpanelDon had the right solution which worked perfectly for me.

Code:
find /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/cgi-bin/* ! -perm 2755 ! -name create -exec chmod -v 2755 '{}' \;
I can only assume that future mailman updates will cause the same issue with permissions not being right, but we shall see.

Aaron
 

VeZoZ

Well-Known Member
Dec 14, 2002
245
0
166
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Any plans for cPanel to actually fix this? It breaks every time you update so need to setup a cron or something to fix the permission issue which is not great. Rather have it actually not break every cpanel update.
 

cPanelDavidG

Technical Product Specialist
Nov 29, 2006
11,212
13
313
Houston, TX
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Any plans for cPanel to actually fix this? It breaks every time you update so need to setup a cron or something to fix the permission issue which is not great. Rather have it actually not break every cpanel update.
Hmm, I know that /scripts/fixmailman is called during upcp, and that does call a script to correct mailman permissions. In fact, that was added because of the permissions issues discussed on the forums.

I recommend treating this like a bug and submitting a bug report to http://go.cPanel.net/bugs
 

sonicthoughts

Well-Known Member
Apr 4, 2011
61
3
58
When going to DOMAIN//mailman/admin/LISTNAME/members and either searching or browsing, i get the error:
Bug in Mailman version 2.1.11

We're sorry, we hit a bug!

I have tried all troubleshooting steps and i still have this issue. tried to reinstall and no help.

The only error in the mailman error log (which is not generated by this error) is "(9715) No such list "otlist": "
I contacted mailman team and they say it may be a mailman / cpanel naming convention mismatch. I've spent several hours trying to fix this.
 

shacker23

Well-Known Member
Feb 20, 2005
263
1
168
I've tried every solution listed in this thread - all of the permissions tweaks, /scripts/fixmailman, and forced reinstall of mailman. Restarted mailman after each tweak. Nothing helps - users simply cannot edit their listinfo templates.

Nothing shows up in /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs/error

Stumped. Anyone?
 

cPanelTristan

Quality Assurance Analyst
Staff member
Oct 2, 2010
7,607
42
348
somewhere over the rainbow
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Please open up a ticket then using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature. If you would like to post the ticket number here, that would be great.
 

shacker23

Well-Known Member
Feb 20, 2005
263
1
168
I opened a ticket and the tech was able to fix. Interestingly, this permissions issue was different than any I had seen in these forums, so re-posting here. The issue seems to arise after a cpanel-cpanel transfer, so they're looking into that as well, plus the possibility of having /scripts/fixmailman identify and fix this problem.

------
This issue has been fixed using the following command:

cd /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/lists/[listname]/en
chown nobody listinfo.html


The user "mailman" had owned the file:
-rw-r--r-- 1 mailman mailman 20796 Sep 7 12:06 listinfo.html

but it needed to be owned by the user "nobody":
-rw-r--r-- 1 nobody mailman 20796 Sep 7 12:06 listinfo.html

I am now able to hit the "Submit Changes" button, and there are no
more errors. Instead, I see this at the top: "HTML successfully updated."