The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug in Mailman version 2.1.14

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by sunyl, May 10, 2011.

1. sunyl

sunyl Active Member

Running latest version of Cpanel/WHM 11.28.87-STABLE_51188

Getting following error after login to mailing list admin section.

------
    Bug in Mailman version 2.1.14

We're sorry, we hit a bug!
    Please inform the webmaster for this site of this problem. Printing of traceback and other system information has been explicitly inhibited, but the webmaster can find this information in the Mailman error logs.
    ------

I ran /usr/local/cpanel/bin/mailman-install --force still no luck.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Is this happening on all mailing lists or only the one mailing list? If you are unsure, can you create a second mailing list for testing purposes to see if you are receiving the same error message.

Additionally, please review the mailman error logs at /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/logs/error location.

3. sunyl

sunyl Active Member

Well this happens on certain mailing list account.. on switching the private/public option under "Archiving Options"

May 17 19:04:09 2011 admin(6803): @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
    admin(6803): [----- Mailman Version: 2.1.14 -----]
    admin(6803): [----- Traceback ------]
    admin(6803): Traceback (most recent call last):
    admin(6803): File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/scripts/driver", line 112, in run_main
    admin(6803): main()
    admin(6803): File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/admin.py", line 200, in main
    admin(6803): mlist.Save()
    admin(6803): File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/MailList.py", line 589, in Save
    admin(6803): self.CheckHTMLArchiveDir()
    admin(6803): File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 236, in CheckHTMLArchiveDir
    admin(6803): breaklink(pubdir)
    admin(6803): File "/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/Archiver.py", line 56, in breaklink
    admin(6803): os.unlink(link)
    admin(6803): OSError: [Errno 21] Is a directory: '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/archives/public/vblist_w3_domain'
    admin(6803): [----- Python Information -----]
    admin(6803): sys.version = 2.4.3 (#1, May 5 2011, 16:39:10)
    [GCC 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-50)]
    admin(6803): sys.executable = /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/python
    admin(6803): sys.prefix = /usr
    admin(6803): sys.exec_prefix = /usr
    admin(6803): sys.path = ['/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/pythonlib', '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman', '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/scripts', '/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman', '/usr/lib64/python24.zip', '/usr/lib64/python2.4/', '/usr/lib64/python2.4/plat-linux2', '/usr/lib64/python2.4/lib-tk', '/usr/lib64/python2.4/lib-dynload', '/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages']
    admin(6803): sys.platform = linux2

4. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Hey Tristan, I have just noticed the same issue on a list. I created a new one and it shows fine. Any reason why you implied its isolated to one list and/or any fix to this.

5. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The times I've seen this happen, it was due to one member email subscription being in an improper format or permissions issues, so that's why I thought it might be isolated to one list. This error does not normally occur server-wide from what I've seen.

The best option when receiving that type of error would be to open up a ticket with us. Mailman is one of the harder applications to diagnose without direct access to the system unfortunately.

6. JawadArshad

JawadArshad Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Thanks Tristan. Yes it was Sunday so I put in a ticket since a quick response on forum wasn't expected. Issue was resolved subsequently.