[BUG] mySQL Databases undeletable

cyon

PartnerNOC
Jan 15, 2003
hi,

one of the last updates (I guess to 7.2.1) renamed all mysql databases.
if a user with a hyphaneted username (like 'user-name') created a database in the older cpanel, the database got the name 'username_xyz'.
the update changed it into 'user-name_xyz', which appears logical, but now, the databases can't be dropped anymore in the users cpanel.

the user get's the error: /usr/bin/mysqladmin: DROP DATABASE gc-lae_osc1 failed; error: 'Can't drop database 'gc-lae_osc1'. Database doesn't exist'

The database exists, but it has the name 'gclae_osc1' and cpanel can't find it.

Strangely enough cpanel shows the databasename 'gclae_osc1', but it tries to delete 'gc-lae_osc1'.

anyone got the same problem?
is there already a fix available?

greetz, dave.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 19481

Last edited:

cjg

Nov 20, 2001
Hello,

You can go directly into the mysql data directory and do an rm -rf of the effected database.

I am not sure if its a good idea to publicly post the exact location of the databases as this could be a security risk.

The removal of the directory will drop the username and database from the affected cpanel account.

It might be a good idea to use mysqldump -u root -p databasename > backup.sql so that if it is a live database you at least save the content of it to avoid any unhappy customers.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

mmkassem

Oct 21, 2002
Egypt
Open a ticket from your WHM ..

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

cyon

PartnerNOC
Jan 15, 2003
Originally posted by cjg
Hello,

You can go directly into the mysql data directory and do an rm -rf of the effected database.

I am not sure if its a good idea to publicly post the exact location of the databases as this could be a security risk.
I've modified the path in this thread :)

I know that I can delete them manually, but this will not solve the problem of my clients.
I won't delete hundred of databases..

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 19481

Last edited: