The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bug or?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dzevad, Jan 25, 2002.

1. dzevad

dzevad Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have client with - in domain (like my-domain.com), when I create account for him it instantly shows 40 MB in use (both WHM and Cpanel). It happens when I put 100,200 or whatever for quota. Also any domain with - has same problem. I checked his dir it\'s only few bytes in size. Anyone else having problems like this? Is this bug or I\'m doing something wrong? :)

Thanks,
    Dzevad

2. hedgehog

hedgehog Well-Known Member

I think this error has been discussed numerous times before...

Have you tried to search the previous posts?

Hedgy

3. dzevad

dzevad Well-Known Member

I did, by - domain and similar words but couldn\'t find something related

4. dzevad

dzevad Well-Known Member

So any help on domains containing \"-\"?

5. hedgehog

hedgehog Well-Known Member

errrr...

have your tried /scripts/initquotas ?

hedgy

6. bdraco

bdraco Guest

I can\'t get this to happen no matter what I do .. Can someone who has an account with dash in it confirm this ?

7. dzevad

dzevad Well-Known Member

I guess cpanel update fixed it, since now new accounts work OK (old ones still show 40 MB usage, even if I remove them and create them again).

8. bdraco

bdraco Guest

[quote:732010e473][i:732010e473]Originally posted by dzevad[/i:732010e473]
    I guess cpanel update fixed it, since now new accounts work OK (old ones still show 40 MB usage, even if I remove them and create them again). [/quote:732010e473]

Thats really wierd.. have your tried running /scripts/fixquotas ?

9. dzevad

dzevad Well-Known Member

I just did, and
    1. it didn\'t solve the problem with old accounts (those with - still show 40 Mb in use in cpanel)

2. now all my accounts show 0 Mb in use when listed in WHM
    i tried running /scripts/fixquotas again, but still shows 0 MB in use (when I enter users cpanel it shows right value)

10. auctmore

auctmore Registered

Numerous times before ...

That may very well be true, but *where* is the solution? If so many people bump into the same problem then why can't the answer simply be found in the FAQ section?

I have been searching for several hours now with numerous keyword combinations. Still didn't find an *answer* ! Running any kind of script is not an option, because I have a reseller account with a hosting provider, but no SSH access. Moreover, could someone explain under which circumstances this error happens? What did we do wrong to cause this problem? Please point us to the thread where we can find a solution.

11. skimpydog

skimpydog Member

Fixing quota (Space Used) Vs Real Disk Usage (du -s)

A customer is having problems when looking at the accounts, and the quota is set at 1500mb, but the disk usage is showing incorrectly. On the console do a du -s /dir/directory-to-check. If it shows different than what cPanel shows run the /scripts/initquotas script. But wait - After this has completed the quota's are now set to unlimited (or at least this is what it does to me). So I run the /scripts/fixquotas script and it sets some of the accounts back correctly, and the rest I have to change by hand back to the 1500mb limit.

So if cPanel or WHM is showing incorrect disk usage (Space Used) I recommend running first the /scripts/initquotas, then /scripts/fixquotas. Then go back into WHM and set the quotas back to what they should be by hand.

Kind of a hassle, but it's better then having to recreate the accounts by hand.

This is the only "fix" I have found.

12. skimpydog

skimpydog Member

What CAN make this occur?

I have found that when Transferring accounts from one cPanel to another, and somewhere the transfer fails - WHM is still calculating the data transfer as it comes in. It is not looking at the actual disk space used. This is where the "initquotas" script comes into play.

Therefore if the transfer fails at 400mb of 600mb, it calculates it at 400mb. If you try it again and if fails at 400mb of 600mb again, WHM will now show that account as using 800mb.

Flaky….